Thursday, January 10, 2013

Items I often hoard.

Hallo meine Lieben,

another Random Thursday with these fabulous ladies today. Welcome to the new host Meg who is such a wonderful person and awesome friend. Thanks for hosting, lovelies.




This week's topic is...


Well, I guess there are a couple of things that I can't resist and that I would never ever get rid of again. 

Let's start with the most important thing...

Books. I have never counted all my books but I never stop buying new ones. When I see a book I am interested in then I need to have it. Especially crime novels. That is why I love flea markets so much. You can shop for books and buy anything you want without feeling guilty about spending too much money. As I said, I never counted my books but I would guess I have around 400. Maybe less, maybe more. And I just buy them, not sell any of them. Ever.

Magazines. Magazines are such great entertainment. I love all kinds of magazines. Fashion, cooking, entertainment, gossip, decoration, travelling, crafty magazines. My mother-in-law got me a couple of subscriptions so now I have a huge stack of magazines and no time to read them. But someday I will find the time. I know it. 

Beauty products.  Cruelty free for sure. I love anything I can use to pamper myself. It makes me feel good. I love nail polish, body lotion, lipsticks...anything. 

Shoes and clothes. I am a girl, what can I say. I probably have more shoes that I can wear but I love every single pair. But yeah, I throw them away when they die. But I love to have shoes in different colors and different styles. Ballerinas, boots, sneaker, high heels. I guess every girl loves shoes. 

Are you a hoarder too? What are the things that you can't stop buying. Oh, I forgot. There is one thing that you don't have to pay for. When I see a stone on the ground that looks cool in any way then I have to pick it up and take it home. Weird.

Have a lovely Thursday!

Oh, and please go here and tell my husband David what kind of music you listen to. He would love to hear more about your taste in music!

20 comments:

  1. Oh yes, shoes! Absolutely! And wow, you have a ton of books! I've discovered the joy of thrift shop book hauls and just picked up the whole 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' trilogy for $3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that is a great deal! I love those books! I am reading the Adler Olsen books at the moment, also great crime novels!

      Delete
  2. I purposely stay away from flea markets because I'm afraid I'll walk away with a ton of books. It's hard to pass up a good book for mere cents. Just a few weeks ago I cleaned out my closet & found a box full of books I didnt even know I had. Ended up donating them to the local library cause I figured if I hadnt read them yet then I probably wont haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love to walk away with tons of books. It makes me feel good. :) one time we went to a used book sale and god thirty books for 15 dollars. :) Funny that you found some books you did not even know about. :)

      Delete
  3. books - yes, that's me too. books & dvds and music cds and postcards and odds and ends. though I constantly sort them and even sometimes make lists of items.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I would be so organized! I would love to have a list of my books!
      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  4. books are something I love but never buy! my mom gets tons so I can stock up on hers whenever I want a good read :)
    love that you are a girly girl! I'm trying harder to be one, and am getting a lot more interested in makeup and clothes.
    thanks so much for linking up and you are such a sweetheart, you always say the nicest things!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awesome that you can get all the books from your mom! I still have tons of books I got from my mom!
      I think I would not call me a girly girl. I mean, I like make up and clothes and shoes but I also love boy's stuff like beer and mud and soccer. Haha.
      You always say the nicest things! :)

      Delete
  5. I so agree with you on books! I love having a ton of books in the book case. I DEFINITELY hoard shoes too, can never have enough of those. Or clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! On everything! :)
      Thanks for stopping by, dear!

      Delete
  6. I love magazines too. I love the actually feel of its glossy pages but now, I am trying to read most of the articles online. But In Style magazine, I will ALWAYS have to read it as a hardcopy. It's my one and only favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I like In Style too! And Glamour! There are many good magazines and I love to have them piled up! :)

      Delete
  7. I used to be a bit of a books/ clothes/ products/ magazine hoarder too but since I seem to be moving every couple of years and plus with the total lack of storage space, I've had to clean loads and loads out, all the time. I can't wait until I can 'hoard' again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate to what you say! I hope you will be able to start hoarding again!

      Delete
  8. Hi, Katrin! What a cool mother-in-law you have! ;p I love to get magazines in the mail; the funny thing is I got a couple for free, haha. And last week I got an issue of Cosmopolitan and I don't know why or how. I hate this magazine, though.

    And clothes and shoes ... Awee ... :P

    Hope you're having a great weekend! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is really sweet! :) It is so funny that you got Cosmopolitan and don't know where it comes from. :) I want some free magazines too. :)
      I am not a fan of Cosmopolitan either. Don't know why but I never get that. Glamour is much better.
      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  9. I am the same way with books. I have never counted mine. I have sold some, or trades some at the paperback swap to get more, but mostly I keep them around. I told myself I need to read at least 10 books before I'm allowed to buy any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't say goodbye to my books! I never sold one of them. I just love them too much. Haha, I guess that is crazy!
      Love that you like books as much as I do!

      Delete
  10. I'm so bad with beauty products! It's not good... In getting better with clothes and shoes, trying to have regular clean out and things, it's kind of working!

    Zoe xx
    beautylifebalance.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...