Sunday, May 19, 2013

The happy-list.

Hallo meine Lieben,

happy Sunday to everybody! I hope your weekend is fabulous!
Life can be hard sometimes. or very often...there seem to be so many bad things, you get frustrated and just want to hide under the blanket the whole day. At least that's how I feel sometimes. And on days like that I try to concentrate on the good things in life. I try to see the positive side of things that happens. I know, it isn't always easy but at least you can try. And there are always some things in life that can make you at least smile a little bit. And to remind myself of these things in life, I thought it would be good to create my own "happy-list". Things that make me smile, even when I feel depressed.



- spending time with animals. No matter if it is a cat or a cow,
   It even makes me happy to carry      a rain worm over the street.
- David.
- my own pets make me happy of course. 
- watching bunnies yawning. It is the most adorable thing to look at. Trust me.
- the smell after a rain shower.
- listening to David's music.
- drinking a great cup of tea.
- reading a book. Especially crime novels. Yeah, reading crime novels makes me happy. 
- petting an animal.
- spending a relaxed evening on the couch with David.
- traveling.
- going to the movie theater. Even when I freeze to death there.
- being in the nature.
- helping somebody.
- blogs.
- window shopping.
- cooking books.
- spending a Sunday at a flea market. 
- watching an episode of one of my favorite shows.
- pasta.
- ice-cream.
- David's smile.
- my friends and family (which includes my pets). 
- smelling my favorite Lush body lotion. 
- laughing out loud.
- Grumpy Cat. 
- seeing a rainbow.
- beautiful flowers, plants, trees.
- looking at old pictures.
- memories of my Mama. 
- when David tries to tickle me.
- taking a bath. 
- looking at my bookshelves.
- hot water bottles. 
- pancakes. Even when the first one I make always looks really terrible.
- dreaming.
- crafting.
- learning something new.
- cuddling with animals.
- doing something good. 
- making a difference.
- playing a board game.
- singing. Even when it sounds horrible. 
- being silly. 




What's on your happy-list? Have a wonderful week!

33 comments:

  1. I'll have to agree, ice cream makes me pretty happy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great happy list!!

    I am sure I had a happy list on my blog ages ago but maybe it's time to do another, you can never have enough happy lists!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Celeste! Glad you like it!
      And I agree, you can never have enough happy lists!

      Delete
  3. Eine gute Idee. Man denkt wirklich oft nur an die schlechten Dinge, anstatt sich auf die guten Dinge zu besinnen.

    LG
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, manchmal ist es einfacher sich auf die schlechten Dinge zu konzentrieren. Ich versuche jetzt immer an diese Liste zu denken.

      Delete
  4. So many things on your list make me happy too!As well as rabbits yawning, you need them stretching and that cute thing sthey do when cleaning where they pull their ears over their face- adorable!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, that looks so cute. Bunnies do the funniest things!
      Glad that we agree on many things!

      Delete
  5. Viele Dinge auf der Liste erkenne ich wieder :)
    Ich verbringe die Zeit immer mit meinen Tieren,kuschel mit meinem Hund,lese ein gutes Buch oder laufe einfach in der Natur rum..

    Viele Grüße
    http://fellkugel-pflegestelle.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schön dass Du auch viele Dinge davon magst!
      Es macht mich echt sooo happy Zeit mit Tieren zu verbringen. :) Sie bringen much einfach immer um Lachen!

      Delete
  6. I love happy lists. They make me happy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the little things that make me happy and tea is definitely at the top of the list. Do you like Rooibus? It seems such a thing in Germany and I love buying the loose leaf tea there (so much cheaper than here). :) Wuensche dir einen schoenen Tag und eine gute, glueckliche Woche!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I know Rooibus tea! Soo good! It does not seem to be that famous in America. My relatives always send me packages with German tea. :)
      Hab eine tolle Woche, Susi!

      Delete
  8. Thank you! I will come over and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, i absolutely know what you mean. it can end up in a disaster when i cook too! :)
    love your happy list! lying in the grass makes me happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog and I really liked it!!
    Following you on bloglovin dear! maybe you want to follow back?
    Greetings from Argentina!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog! So glad to have you!
      I will come and check out your blog!

      Delete
  11. I think cuddling an animal makes such a difference. It's amazing how much my outlook changes, just when I get to see or pet a neighboring kitty (rarely).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is definitely an amazing feeling! No matter how miserable I feel, petting an animal always makes me feel better!

      Delete
  12. We all need our happy lists - so good to recognize the little (and big) things that makes us happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this. Animals are so unconditionally loving it is hard not to be happy when you are around them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! :) Animals make your life better!

      Delete
  14. Hi, Katrin! It feels so good to be back here; it's been too long! :( I'm sorry about that.

    I loved reading your list; it made me smile :). And I have to agree with you in that movie theaters here are always freezing cold, brrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you, Miki! But you don't have to be sorry! I understand!
      I am glad my list made you smile!
      Movie theaters are torture!

      Delete
  15. I love your list! And so many things make me happy, too. Actually my list would look a lot like yours.
    I should make one, too, so I can look at it when I get frustrated about school like last week. I just wanted to cry and hide and stop studying *sigh*
    But I'm all better now :)
    Ich hoffe, Du hast eine tolle Woche, liebe Katrin. Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my list! We have so much in common!
      I am so sorry that you got so frustrated last week! Poor Beate! I know how that is. Sometimes I just can't help myself!
      Glad you are better now!
      Hab ne tolle Woche! Ich drück Dich¡

      Delete
  16. A lot of our happy list would overlap. I am a big fan of taking a bath and reading a book (at the same time). My favorite place for bath goodies right now is Moon's Harvest. I think you'd appreciate that they're cruelty free. If you like bubble bars I recommend the Tranquil Oasis one. It's my favorite so far. http://www.moonsharvest.com/default.asp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I just checked out that store and they have fantastic stuff! The soap bars look so great! I have to check that stuff out! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...