Friday, September 13, 2013

Five Things. “It's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about it.”

Hallo meine Lieben,

happy weekend! I hope you can enjoy the sunshine a bit! Life has been a bit busy lately but I am doing my best to catch up with your blogs and I really need to find some time to blog on a regular basis again. I have missed you guys a lot. 
Please check out my friend Celeste's Five Things as well!
My Five Things have a theme this week: most loved movies. Now that fall has arrived I will spend lots of evenings cuddled up on the couch with a hot water bottle and a hot chocolate watching my favorite movies over and over. 


1. The Boondock Saints



I have seen this movie countless times but it just never gets old. I love the bad ass MacManus brothers and the way they take care of their business. 


2. Before Sunrise. 


When I was a teenager I watched that movie at least every second day with my best friend Julia. I am not even a huge fan of romance and love stories but this movie is just perfect. I really need to watch Before Midnight this weekend. I have been waiting for that movie for years!


3. Rear window. 


I love Alfred Hitchcock. I really do. That guy is a genius and his movies will entertain me forever. It is hard to decide which one is my favorite because they are all fantastic but I think I have watched Rear Window at least 20 times so it is my winner. 

4.  Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis. 


This is the movie which makes me laugh the most. Honestly, I would not recommend watching that movie with me because it makes me laugh for 106 minutes. And my laughter is pretty loud. My French isn't the best but I watched the original version which is hilarious. I never thought I would say that but even the German version is pretty good. 


5. Earthlings. 


This is the only movie from my list that I haven't seen more than once. And trust me, I could not even watch all the time, I had to close my eyes because it was so hard to see these pictures. But that's the problem. People close their eyes and try to ignore what's happening in the meat an dairy industry. We can't close our eyes. So I definitely recommend watching this documentary. It will open your eyes.


Are there any movies you can't get enough of? How many times have you watched your favorite movie? 

Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I cant watch Earthlings more then once, no way!! Its so important but a hard lesson to hear.

    My favorite films...The Fifth Element, Lost in Translation, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Star Trek, Creation. There are probably quite a few more that I could list :)

    Hot Chocolate sounds like such a good idea, I am going to buy some today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think that it is important to watch Earthlings. It talks about so many topics people should know about. But I wasn't able to watch it more than once yet either.

      I love The Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy! I need to read the books again!

      I hope you enjoyed your hot chocolate!

      Delete
  2. Rear Window is the only one from your list that I've seen! I love Alfred Hitchcock movies, too. For years I was terrified of all birds after watching The Birds. It wasn't until we raised our own hens that I started loving them again! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that seeing birds was terrifying after watching the movie! But raising your own hens must have completely taken away the fear! I love what you told me about your hens!

      Delete
  3. Awesome theme, I don't think I have seen all of them yet, except for the Earthlings with Joaquin Phoenix. It's hard to list some movies I can't get enough of - the new Tron movie, LOTR, and I can't remember at all. Have you watched this new movie, R.I.P.D.? It's hilarious!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lord of the Rings too! I have watched the movies so many times and the book is fantastic!
      No, I haven't seen R.I.P.D. yet but I recently saw the trailer in the movie theater and it looks so funny!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. I just ordered a new copy of The Boondock Saints and am impatiently waiting for Amazon to deliver it! My burned copy got scratched. :(

    I haven't seen Earthlings and don't think I ever will. Those kinds of movies make me cry my eyes out for hours on end. I'm such a wimp. It makes me so sad to see any animal hurt :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I am so sorry your copy got scratched! I hope they will deliver the new one soon! The movie is soo good!

      I cried during the whole movie, it was so terrifying and heart-breaking! I can't see animals get hurt but I forced myself to watch the whole thing. Although I have to say that I had to close my eyes countless times.

      Delete
  5. lovely post :)

    enter the giveaway! :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/2013/09/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying to see Before Midnight even though it makes me feel really old, I'm not that much younger than Celine and Jesse, but it's been cool growing up with them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know how you feel. Before Sunrise is from 1995. :) I loved to watch it over and over with my best friend. Hopefully I can watch Before Midnight next weekend!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...