Wednesday, September 18, 2013

"This or that" beauty tag.

Hallo meine Lieben,

I hope you are all doing great and you are enjoying fall! Here in my part of Germany it is cold and windy and rainy. Not my kind of fall. 



My kind of fall.

I have seen this post on my friend Martha's blog and I thought it would be fun to join in. I like reading things like this on my friend's blogs so maybe you will enjoy this too. I will definitely enjoy filling it out.
I do love beauty products, as long as they are cruelty free. Just to make that clear, I am definitely not a beauty expert, nor will I ever be a beauty blogger but I do enjoy discovering new products. 

Face 

Blush or bronzer? Blush. I use it pretty much daily but I never use bronzer. I don't even know how to properly use bronzer. I am pale and I like it. 

Lip gloss or lip stick? Lipstick because most glosses are kind of sticky and I hate that. I do have some lip glosses but I rarely use them. Not that I use lipstick on a regular basis...

Eyeliner or mascara? I do like to use both of them. If I would have to choose then I would probably go with the mascara, don't ask me why. I usually use black mascara but my eyeliners are mostly brown by the way. 

Foundation or concealer? Probably foundation. Although my skin looks a lot better since I went vegan (true story). I still use foundation pretty much every day but a light one. I don't want it to look like a masque. Concealer can be pretty helpful though. I tend to not sleep enough.

Neutral or colored eye shadow? Definitely neutral. I mostly wear brown eye shadow. I do have an eye shadow palette with some bright colors but I have to admit that I mostly bought it because it looks so pretty. Not because I planned on wearing it all the time...Stupid I know. I have that thing for years and have used it twice. Just to see how it looks. Not because I wanted to leave the house like that. It does not make any sense but it makes me happy to look at the palette. I am rambling, sorry. 

Pressed or loose eye shadow? Pressed. I am way too clumsy to handle loose eye shadow. 

Brushes or sponges? I have such a pink sponge to apply my foundation and I like that thing a lot. But I also like my (vegan) foundation brush. 


Nails

OPI or China Glaze? I don't use any of them. OPI isn't cruelty free. I don't know about China Glaze but I don't own any of these. My favorite nail polish brands are Butter London and OCC but I also love the vegan nail polishes from the German drugstore brand P2.

Long or short? Short nails. I can't handle long nails plus I don't really like the way they look. 

Acrylic or natural? Natural. I don't want to have fake nails. 

Bright or dark? Dark or nude. I do like red nail polish though. 

Flowers (or other designs) or no? No design, please.  


Body

Perfume or body splash? Perfume. I do have some body splash which is nice in summer but I would not use that every day. 

Lotion or body butter? Both. My skin is so dry and I have a really great vegan body butter which I use on my legs in winter. I do mostly use body lotion though.

Body wash or soap? Depends. I do love my Lush soaps but I use body wash for my daily shower. I do have to say that I am a sucker for soaps. I think it is because of my Grandma's sister who always gave me some fancy soap when I visited her. 

Lush or another brand? Lush please. Love that brand. And I love spending hours in that store. I recently got a fabulous hand cream which smells like chocolate and orange...so good. And their body butters are heavenly!


Fashion

Jeans or sweat pants? Jeans. I love jeans. I wear them pretty much every day. I do love do wear my "ugly pants" (that's how David and I call them) in the evening though. It's so comfortable to hang out like that on the couch. 

Long or short sleeves? Haha. Long sleeves of course. I am always cold. I rarely wear short sleeves. 

Dress or skirt? Dress. As I said, I mostly wear jeans but I do have some cute dresses which I should probably wear more often. 

Stripes or plaids? Plaid. Always looks good. 

Scarves or hats? Scarves! I guess I have way too many scarves but I am always cold so I need all of them. You can't have too many scarves. I do love hats too but mostly on other people because I look like an idiot wearing them. 

Studs or dangling earrings? Studs. I can't handle dangling earrings, they drive me crazy. I don't know why. 

Necklace or bracelet? Both. I do love jewelry a lot. 

Heels or flats? I rarely wear heels. I do have a couple of high heels but I only wear them on special occasions when I am able to sit most of the time. I like to be comfortable. 

Cowboy boots or riding boots? Riding boots I guess. 

Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, or Marshalls? I have to admit that I have never heard of Charlotte Russe or Marshalls.


Hair

Curly or straight? Straight. My hair is not made for curls. 

Bun or ponytail? Ponytail. My hair is too short for anything else right now. I do love buns though. 

Bobby pins or butterfly clips? I guess bobby pins. I rarely use them though. But I never use butterfly clips. 

Hairspray or gel? Don't really use any of them. I guess hairspray because I never use gel. 

Long or short? Medium. I do love short hair a lot. I kind of miss my short hair cut. I should give it another try some day...

Dark or light? I am blonde but I am still thinking about a darker hair color...

Side swept or full bangs? I love full bangs I just need to get a haircut because my hair is too long right now. 

Up or down? Up. Never wear my hair down. It just doesn't look very good on me. 


Random

Rain or shine? I love rain showers. Just not for a week straight. So right now I am wishing for some sunshine. 

Summer or winter? Hmm, I am always cold but I still love winter because everything is so cozy and nice that time of the year.

Fall or spring? Fall. Best season. 


Chocolate or vanilla? Dark chocolate and vanilla pudding, please.


I hope you enjoyed this a bit. I would love to read your answers by the way. So feel free to join in!
Have a lovely rest of the week! 

PS: It's National Farm Animals Awareness Week!

12 comments:

  1. I love winter much more than summer. I thought I was the only one LOL. Love the trees in that autumn picture. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I am glad I am not the only one! I enjoy the beautiful colors in fall! Everything is so cozy!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Love this post! :) I want to answer to every single thing that you wrote, but I guess that makes a post in itself ;)
    I pretty much agree with you on almost all of them though!
    Since when are you completely vegan? I like all the advice on what products are vegan :)

    Ich druecke Dich ganz fest liebe Katrin! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to read a post like that from you. :) Glad you like it!
      I hope you had a safe trip home and your jetlag isn't too bad!
      Hab ein tolles Wochenende!
      Ich drück Dich!

      Delete
  3. Ah, here in Buenos Aires, it is windy and cold for the Spring. On my first day, the weather was about low 30s-40s F, and it was freezing like hell. I had no proper winterwear, but the weather was so unusual! I hope the weather warms up soon this week. I hope Germany will warm up a bit, too. What a list of fun facts, I love answering these trivia questions relating to makeup/beauty. Here are my responses:

    Face 

    Blush or bronzer? Blush (like a bit of peach and rose). I use a bronzer for contouring.

    Lip gloss or lip stick? I agree. Lipstick is the best option especially for traveling. I use LimeCrime. With static hair in the air, lip gloss is not that cool.

    Eyeliner or mascara? I love black eyeliners (waterproof). Mascara, very rarely unless if I'm going on a date, partying or attending an event. Definitely not on my casual outings.

    Foundation or concealer? I use foundation. Concealer is great for heavy eye bags or blemishes. I get one or two blemishes on my lower chin due to birth control pills.

    Neutral or colored eye shadow? I love neutral. But purple works for me, especially on dark brown eyes.

    Pressed or loose eye shadow? I prefer pressed for travels. I prefer loose for better pigmentation & outings.

    Brushes or sponges? I love natural brushes and clean them daily. Sponges are hard to clean.

    Nails

    OPI or China Glaze? I used to have OPI but no longer use them. I'm a huge fan of LVX and Zoya.

    Long or short? I like medium. Not too short or too long. I do a quick manicure on a weekly basis.

    Acrylic or natural? Natural. Me either, I hate fake acrylics, they damage your nails.

    Bright or dark? I love bright when I'm tan. I love dark when I'm pale. Haha, simple as that.

    Flowers (or other designs) or no? Hmmm, it really depends.


    Body

    Perfume or body splash? Perfume.

    Lotion or body butter? Lotion. Body butter makes my skin greasy and stick to furnitures/clothes.

    Body wash or soap? Body wash is easier, but I prefer soaps at home or traveling, it's easier to pack them without leaking.

    Lush or another brand? I love LUSH!


    Fashion

    Jeans or sweat pants? I love sweat pants. I hardly wear jeans anymore :(

    Long or short sleeves? Long sleeves.I hate short sleeves, they don't work well on my arms.

    Dress or skirt? I love dresses where I can put them on once. I don't like having two components when it comes to getting ready.

    Stripes or plaids? Stripes. 

    Scarves or hats? Scarves!

    Studs or dangling earrings? I don't wear them.

    Necklace or bracelet? Necklace.

    Heels or flats? Flats. I rarely wear heels unless it's an event or special outing.

    Cowboy boots or riding boots? Riding boots. I hate cowboy boots.

    Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, or Marshalls? I don't even like the shops. The quality is cheap-looking.


    Hair

    Curly or straight? Straight. I can't even curl my own hair.

    Bun or ponytail? Bun is great for long hair.

    Bobby pins or butterfly clips? Bobby pins are lifesavers, especially unlocking a door (haha!)

    Hairspray or gel? Hairspray, to keep my hair volumnized

    Long or short? I love long hair. Short hair doesn't suit me.

    Dark or light? Dark

    Side swept or full bangs? Side swept. Full bangs doesn't suit my face.

    Up or down? Down :) I don't like to show my ears.

    Random

    Rain or shine? Shine ;D

    Summer or winter? I like summer because everything's in season. Winter is great, too, because most of my wardrobe is wintery!

    Fall or spring? Fall is great.

    Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you are such a sweetheart! Thanks so much for answering the questions! I loved reading your answers!
      And I am sorry that it is so cold over there! I hope you got some warm clothes!
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. That's a great way of introducing lots of facts about you! So, for me it's gotta be vanilla, spring and fall (you can keep winter and summer), I love 3/4 sleeves, I alternate between hair up & down. The only thing that I am not a fan of (insert shocked faces here) is lush. Even though it smells deliciously, I just don't like the look of the products. Why not get the smell and quality in a nicer shape?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the post! :) Fall and spring are my favorite seasons too, especially fall!
      Haha, I am shocked that you don't like Lush! :) I actually kind of like the way the stuff looks. And the smell is heavenly!

      Delete
  5. That's so fun that you did this tag! I am also happy being pale. Isn't it funny that we love fall and winter so much, even though we go through it wrapped in 16 layers of clothing to stay warm?! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, you are right! It does not make any sense that we love the cold seasons so much. :) I am always freezing and I need lots of clothes to stay warm but I still like it!

      Delete
  6. I loved this! I have my own answers scheduled to go up on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I will definitely check it out! Thanks for joining!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...