Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The one with the grumpy bunny and the vegan cheesecake. {Ten On Tuesday}

Hallo meine Lieben,

hope you are having a fantastic week. You can link up for Ten On Tuesday with my lovely friend Alyssa.



1. A vegan blueberry birthday-cheesecake. Not the prettiest cake ever but so delicious.



2. Thanks to the German Nationalmannschaft for winning the World Cup. It was pretty nerve-wracking but they definitely deserved to win. 


3.  Day 10 of the 30 day shred. Can't say I like Jillian Michaels very much. But I feel like it is working. At least I can feel muscles I have not felt before. 

4. I love cows. 



5. Books make such fantastic presents. 

6. You can clearly see that Tiffie belongs to me. He does not like taking pictures either. Grumpy bunny.


7. I got five more crime novels and I am planning to get one or two more next week. I love to have lots of books to read.

8. Swiss vegan chocolate. One of the best I ever had. Almond and "pure". No GM technology, it's fair trade and made with rice milk. 



9. In the German state I come from we call a person who has a sweet tooth a "Siessschniss". 

10. Yeah. Why?


Have a very happy week!

18 comments:

  1. 5. Agreed. They make good baby gifts too!
    9. I am most definitely a Siessschniss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, me too. I think that will never change! I love chocolate and cookies! And ice cream!

      Delete
  2. Hi Katrin

    This is such an awesome post! I agree with the last point, cosmetics must be completely cruelty free. the cake looks yummy and so do the chocolates! bunny is cuteee!

    Congrats for the football world cup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ankita! They really deserved to win! And I am glad we agree on so many things!

      Delete
  3. That vegan blueberry cheesecake looks divine!! And therefore, I'm a Siessschniss. Haha! Interesting word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is a pretty funny word. :) I am definitely a Siessschniss as well. I love chocolate and pretty much everything else. :) Cake, cookies, ice cream...

      Delete
  4. Blueberry birthday cheescake sounds freaking awesome!! And a hearty congrats to Deutschland on their victory :) and yes books really DO make the best presents. Beate got me "The Alchemist" for our anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake was soooo good. Will definitely bake it again! Germany played a great finale and they definitely deserved to win. I waited 24 years for this! :) Hope you like the book! Congrats on your anniversary!

      Delete
  5. You need to post your cheesecake recipe! That chocolate looks delicious. Tiffie has the same look I do when I get up and am looking for tea or coffee in the morning! :P Books are the best presents ever. I'm making sure to get all my chores and work out of the way so I can spend all day Saturday reading the Adler-Olsen novel you sent me--I have a feeling once I pick it up I won't want to put it down! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share the recipe! I found it online but it is in German! The chocolate is way soo good, I can't stop eating! Haha, yeah I guess I look pretty much the same in the morning! I hope you will like the book, I wasn't able to put it down!

      Delete
  6. :) congrats for Fifa..I am super excited as well.

    I love Milka...don't you like it better than the Swiss one? (Maybe it's not vegan?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a fantastic tournament! :)

      Milka is not vegan but I ate it when I was a kid. But I have to say that this one tastes a lot better and I am not just saying that because it is vegan. :)

      Delete
  7. Was it your birthday, Katrin? If so, happy belated birthday, how was it?! The blueberry cheezecake looks absolutely miam, I love blueberries & cheezecakes! And yes, a big congrats to Germany, we knew they were gonna nail it. Cows are fascinating creatures, I recently watched a video on a cow being raised as a pet - he was so cute and acted like a dog like the other pet dogs. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rika! Yes, my birthday was July 13th. And the blueberry cheesecake was delicious! I always loved cheesecake when I was a child but have not eaten it in years so I decided that I need to make a vegan version. Thank you, Rika. I think every German is very excited. Germans love soccer! Cows are such fascinating creatures. I hope I will be able to live on a farm with lots of rescued animals someday! <3

      Delete

Please leave a comment...