Sunday, August 24, 2014

55 questions about books - part I.

Hallo meine Lieben,

hope you are all having a fantastic weekend. I found these questions on my friend Em's blog and I had to answer them...because I love talking about books. 

1. Favourite childhood book.

"Das alte Haus", a book full of stories about an old lady and all her animal, the potato king etc. My mom always read it to me. Also detective stories like "Die drei Fragezeichen" and "TKKG". I was that kind of child who read under her blanket with a flashlight at night.




2. What are you reading right now?

Several crime novels by Ake Edwardson, Max Bentow and Karin Slaughter. Also a book about sewing because I want to learn how to. 

3. What books do you have on request at the library?

None. I have to admit that I rarely go to the library. I am a book hoarder and need shelves full of them. They make me happy. 




4. Bad book habit?

I don't know if this is a bad habit but as you can read in the previous question, I love to collect books which is why I can never resist buying them (I do buy lots of books at the flea market though) so I just keep adding more and more books and I can never say goodbye to them (it would hurt to much to give them away). 

5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? 

None. See question #3. 




6. Do you have an e-reader?  

Yes, I read a lot of books on my Kindle Fire and my iPad mini. They are perfect for traveling because I can take hundreds of books with me. 




7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? 

Several at once. 100%. I never just read one book at a time. 




8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? 

Well, I guess this question is meant for book bloggers and I am not one although I should maybe start to write some book reviews. But to answer the question, no I still love crime novels as much as before but I guess I am getting more book recommendations now. 

9. Least favourite book you read this year so far?

It's not a new book but I forced myself to re-read "One Day" by David Nicholls to see if I like it this time but I just don't. I also started to watch the movie but had to stop after half an hour. I don't know what it is but this book just isn't my friend. 
10. Favourite book you've read this year? 



I started to read the crime novels by Max Bentow and really loved them. My first German crime novels to be precise. But yeah, I love so many books!

11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? 

When people recommend books to me or when I get a book as a gift which I would not buy for myself. 

12. What is your reading comfort zone? 

Crime novels. 

13. Can you read in the car? 

Not always. Sometimes I get really sick. I prefer trains and planes. 

14. Favourite place to read?

My couch. At least until I have my own library with a fireplace, a cozy armchair and a globe bar. Where nobody interrupts me.




15. What is your policy on book lending? 



16. Do you ever dog-ear books? Break the spines?



17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? 

No. way. 

18. Not even textbooks?

That's different. I write in textbooks all the time. They are meant to be written in. I also use different colored highlighters and post its. 

19. What is your favourite language to read in? 

I love reading Scandinavian crime novels in German but otherwise I read a lot of books in English. Scandinavian crime sounds better in German. 

20. What makes you love a book?

A good story line and characters I either love or hate. And of course a good writing style. And lots of blood and murders.

21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?

I recommend books all the time because I want other to love these books as much as I do. 



22. Favourite genre?

Crime. Fiction but also non-fiction. I know it sounds like I only read crime novels but that's not the case, I swear. Just a lot. 

23. Genre you rarely read but wish you did?



24. Favourite Biography?

I rarely read biographies. But maybe I should. Any recommendations? 


25. Have you ever read a self-help book? 


I don't need any help. 

26. Favourite Cookbook?

Right now, "Isa does it". I think it is very exciting that you can find more and more vegan cook books out there now. 



27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?

Well, I mostly read crime novels and since I am not a psychopath I am not very inspired to commit a murder by them. But all books are kind of inspiring. The book about sewing inspires my to sew. My cooking books inspire me to try new recipes. My books about traveling make me want to discover new places....sorry I cannot come up with a fantastic answer to this question. But stay tuned for part II. 


Thanks for reading, I hope you don't want to punch me because of the gif-overload. Have a happy Sunday!





12 comments:

  1. That is a lot of gifs.

    You should do book reviews, I would love to read that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I got carried away! :) I would love to read your answers!
      Thanks! Maybe I should give it a try! :)

      Delete
  2. I love all of these GIFs!! And I like your answers, especially #27. It's a good thing you aren't inspired to commit a murder, because with all of those books under your belt you'd probably be well-equipped to pull it off, haha. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Martha! Haha, maybe you are right and who knows, I might be able to pull off the perfect murder. Haha. Good that I am such a peaceful person!

      Delete
  3. When I get back home I need to go to the library, just for the smell of old books.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that smell! There is even a perfume that smells like books!

      Delete
  4. great post. I'm a huge fan of [Scandinavian] crime novels too. you should give autobiographies a go too. they can be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Petra! I love that you're a fan of Scandinavian crime as well. Is there any autobiography you would recommend?

      Delete
  5. I also like to keep my books in good shape, I can understand how sometimes books gets bend/torn and such but I just don't get the dog-ear thing, it's not that hard find a bookmark, these days, you get a bookmark when you buy books, even using the receipt is a good idea.

    do you try to guess who did it when you read crime novels? I always guess wrong so now I don't even try, plus it's more enjoyable to just follow along and not make assumptions but sometimes you just happen to know, you know?

    hope you are enjoying your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I mean, most times you buy a book they will give you a paper bookmark for free! When I don't have one with me then I just use a receipt or some other paper I have in my purse. It is not that hard. :)

      Of course, I always try to guess who did it when I read the crime novels. Sometimes I am right but a lot of books are so complicated that it is hard to make a guess. :)

      Have a fantastic day!

      Delete
  6. What a fun questionnaire, I enjoy reading about your book preferences and what sort of books you used to read and all. The animations are so funny, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rika! There will be part 2 soon! :) Glad you liked it!

      Delete

Please leave a comment...